Monday 2 July 2012

Why I need a new bike


My current Paul Milnes bike was a rush purchase in 2001 just before the 3 pks when Dave Haygarth's hand-me-down broke whilst training with the club MTB guys.

Lesson there:
  • Haygarth hand-me-downs are well used, tested to the limit and probably EOL ;-) &
  • make sure you don't give the MTB'ers a reason to be smug and say "told you so"

And I want discs! - I'm fed up of being in tears of pain descending Pen-y-ghent trying to brake through poor rim brakes.

And I want a frameset where my feet don't overlap with the front wheel which caused me no end of grief in the winter CX races.

And yes, it's been 11 years on the same CX bike - time for a change - it's been brilliant and looks as good as new which is saying something since I'm getting/got a reputation for falling off!

So now to the fun bit of which bike to test.

Bike choices:
  • Kinesis Evo 6 frameset
  • Whyte Saxon Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment